Special Occasion Permit Back

When alcohol is being served, or purchased, a Special Occasion Permit (SOP) is required. There are three types of permits that you can apply for:

  • Private Event SOP’s—For events where it is invite only. These guests must receive invitations, and present those invitations at the door.
  • Public Event SOP’s—These events are open to the general public, can be advertised, and allows for the sale of alcohol.
  • Industry Promotional Event SOP’s—This type of SOP’s are for events that are hosted to promote products via sampling. The catch is that there can be no profit that can be made from the sale of alcohol.

You must be 19 years or older to apply for an SOP. The permit holder must be present at the event, as they are held responsible to ensure that the event adheres to LLA Regulations. Public and Industry SOP’s must be submitted 30 days before the event, while Private event SOP’s must be submitted 10 days before the event.






1917 Albion Rd
Etobicoke, ON
M9W 5S8

Mirage Banquet Hall
Copyright 2018 © Mirage Banquet Hall.
Design by Tas Technologies.